Purchased 1st Jan 1819 | Occupied 1st Jan 1819 - 1st Apr 1857
Date of image not known.
Carronvale probably built early C18th; Robertson family owned the house and estate (and the estate of Roehill) between 1819 and the death of Duncan Stewart Robertson in 1857. Sold to John Bell Sherriff, distiller and merchant of Glasgow in April, 1857.
John Charles Gibson, Lands and Lairds of Larbert and Dunipace Parishes (Glasgow, Hugh Hopkins, 1908), pp. 79-82.
Historical notes at:
As at 2011, the Grade A listed house home to the Boys’ Brigade Scottish Headquarters: see http://www.carronvalehouse.co.uk/Carronvale%20About%20us%20and%20history%202008.htm (accessed 19/5/2011)
Details of modifications
New plantings, new approach to the house; a lodge at the gate built and two wings added to the original house. Interior of the house fitted with with mahogany grown on his own estate of 'Friendship' in Jamaica.