Commercial Legacy Details
- Alexander Garden retired 31/12/1811from the partnerships at Glasgow as Francis Garden & Sons and Francis Garden & Co, at Demerara as Garden, King & Co., and at Jamaica as Dugald Malcom Ruthr[v]en, signed by Alexander Garden, Robert Garden, Hamilton Wm Garden, Geo. H. King for David King and Francis Garden for himself and Dugald Malcolm Ruthven.
- Notice to creditors of David King merchant of Demerara, an individual partner in the firm of Francis Garden & Son merchant in Glasgow: on application of said David King, sequestration of his estate
- 27/10/1824 Notice to creditors of Francis Garden & Sons, and Garden, King & Co. Merchants at Glasgow and Demerara and of Francis Gardner merchant in Glasgow and David King merchant in Demerara partners of these firms as individuals: Appointment of a new trustee and new Commissioner [of sequestration?]
- London Gazette 16709 6/3/18123 p. 489.
- London Gazette 19868 24/12/1814 p. 2527.
- Edinburgh Gazette 3276 26/10/1824 p. 194