Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1822
Planter of Trinidad, native of the Island of St John and dying at Toulouse c.1822, owner of the Eldorado estate in Trinidad in 1813.
- Will of Laurence Nihell Doctor of Physic of [the Island of Trinidad now residing at] Toulouse in France was proved 09/09/1822. He left annuities of £200 p.a. to his wife Catherine and £100 p.a. to each of his sons Laurence and Robert and daughters Catherine and Alice, with the remainder of his estate left equally to the five after a legacy of £25 to a charitable cause in Toulouse. (An earlier will of a Laurence Nihell merchant of Antigua had been proved in 1762).
- PROB 11/1661/217; PROB 11/875/76.
Laurence, Robert, Catherine, Alice
Associated Estates (2)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1813 [EA] - 1822 [LA] → Owner
1825 [EA] - 1834 [LA] → Previous owner