Samuel Chollet II of Croydon
Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1838
Son of Samuel Chollet I (q.v.) and beneficiary of a trust of which James Berney Bourdieu was a trustee that held an interest in enslaved people in Dominica.
- Rubinstein shows Samuel Chollet (1757-1838) as a merchant of Bury Court St Mary Axe and as the husband of Philippa Chollet nee Berney (formerly Russell) of The Grove, Croydon, Surrey (1764/1779-28/4/1852) who left £120,000 in 1852. Samuel Chollet of Croydon's own will, proved in 1838, is short and simple, and left everything to his wife Philippa.
- W.D. Rubinstein, Who were the rich? Vol. II [MS] 1852/9; PROB 11/1901/300..
Philippa Russell nee Berney
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
The Grove, Croydon, Surrey, South-east England, England