Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1815
Resident slave-owner on Barbados, dying c. 1815.
- Will of William Cadogan of St Lucy Barbados [made in 1811 and attested in 1815] proved 02/08/1816. In the will he allowed his wife Elizabeth Christiana to live on for 6 months after his death at their house on his [unnamed] estate in in Barbados, and left her £1000 currency and an enslaved man Cyrus, as well as the debt due to him on a judgment assigned to him by his brother Charles and Ward Cadogan against the estate of Mrs Elizabeth Downes. He explained that he had provided for his wife amply under their marriage settlement, which he confirmed. He left £100 each to two brothers and six sisters. His residuary heir was his brother Thomas Cadogan.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1806 [EA] - 1811 [LA] → Owner