Profile & Legacies Summary
Owner of Sheldon in St David, Jamaica. Deceased by 1825.
- John Bull the owner of Sheldon coffee estate was reputed to have been the builder of Bull House in Kingston in a competitive display of urban development involving Jasper Hall and Thomas Hibbert among others c. 1755. It thus seems likely that there were three generations of John Bull: the builder of Bull House; 'John Bull senior' the owner of Sheldon 1809-11; and John Bull owner of Sheldon until c. 1823 who died before 1825. To date no will or death-date has been found for any of the men.
- Frank Cundall, Historic Jamaica (915) p. 179.
Associated Estates (3)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1823 [EA] - 1826 [LA] → Previous owner
1817 [EA] - 1823 [LA] → Owner
1825 [EA] - 1839 [LA] → Previous owner
James Bull was the heir of John Bull for the enslaved people on Botanic Garden in St...