Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1772
North American merchant of London, in partnership with Barlow Trecothick.
- Will of John Apthorp of Cambridge Massachusetts Bay [made in 1771] proved 22/02/1773. In the will he said that the daughters of his first marriage Sarah Grizzell and Catherine were well provided for under his marriage settlement, which he confirmed. He left his current wife the income from £10,000 to support herself and her children John Trecothick, Hannah and Frances Western, with £5000 of the principal to be disposed of her by her and £5000 to pass to her children on her death. His real estate was to go to his wife for life and then to his son John Trecothick Apthorp. One of the executors was Barlow Trecothick. Apthorp added a codicil to explain his intent was to pass £6000 to his daughters by his first marriage.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1767 [SY] - → Mortgage Holder