John Reid Baillie formerly John Reid
Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1807
Resident slave-owner, owner of Leith Hall in 1803, dying at Morant Bay in 1807.
- John Reid of St Thomas-in-the-East changed his name to John Reid Baillie in accordance with the will of his uncle Samuel Crookshank Bailie of St Thomas-in-the-East in 1792.
The Athenaeum (1807) Vol. 2 p. 207.
- London Chronicle Vol. LXXII No. 5610 Wednesday August 1st 1792, from the London Gazette July 31 1792.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1803 [EA] - 1803 [LA] → Owner