David Chalmers otherwise Chambers
Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1780
- Will of David Chalmers or Chambers of Kingston [made and attested in 1780] proved 17/08/1792. He left his property between his wife Sarah, daughter Grace and son David, going go to say that 'my whole fortune consists in mortgage from Mr Mead of Fort Stuart [sic] and Spring plantation estates' and that he hoped Mead would not let the 'widow and fatherless' starve. One of his executors was John James Digges La Touche (q.v.), who proved the will in London.
- PROB 11/1222/130. In the will the executor was given as James Digges La Touch but in the probate 'John' was inserted in front of the rest of his name.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1780 [EA] - 1780 [LA] → Mortgage Holder
In his will made and attested in 1780, proved in 1792, David Chalmers or Chambers said that his 'whole fortune' consisted of mortgage from Mr Mead of Fort Stuart [sic] and Spring plantation estates.