Samuel Bridgman Windsor
Profile & Legacies Summary
Solicitor-General of St Vincent, and with partners the indebted co-owners of Colonarie Vale, over which they lost control to London mortgagees by 1802. In 1817 he and his wife Leonora were shown as owning 17 enslaved people.
- Frederick Bridgman Windsor died of Ravenswood Hamble in 1892, leaving £125,305 13s. When an advertisement was placed for his heirs in 1901 he was described as a grandson of Samuel Bridgman Windsor formerly of St Vincent.
T71/493 p. 476.
- National Probate Calendar 1897; London Gazette Feb 1 1901 p. 728.
Married but no further details
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
- 1794 [LA] → Joint owner