Profile & Legacies Summary
1787 - 1871
Claimant or beneficiary
Slave-owner in Demerara, in Scotland from at least 1851.
- In 1851 Archd McQueen retired WI planter born Applecross aged 63 was living at 12 Brighton Place, Duddingston Midlothian with his wife Mary; in 1861 he was at West Rose Hall Inveresk Midlothian 'Holder Of Bank & Railway Stock & Annuitant.'
- 1851 and 1861 Scotland census .
Associated Claims (1)
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1823 [EA] - 1823 [LA] → Joint owner