Frances Thompson of Coley Berkshire
Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1791
Co-heir with her sisters Jane Thompson and Lady Ann Jennings Clerke of their father Col. Richard Thompson (each of whom q.v.).
- Will of Frances Thompson spinster of Coley Berkshire [made 1788] proved 08/04/1791. In the will she left her estates in Berkshire and her one-third undivided interest in property in Jamaica, including 'Negroes, Slaves, Cattle, Utensils and Hereditaments', to her sister Jane Thompson for life, and then several named estates to her niece Frances Jennings Clerke, daughter of her sister Ann Jennings Clerke, with the rest of her assets, including the West India property, going to Ann Jennings Clerke. Jane Thompson appears to have preceded her.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1736 [EA] - → Heir
Co-heir with her sisters after the inferred death of their brother Richard Nicoll Thompson. She still held a third share when she made her will in 1788.
Coley Park, Reading, Berkshire, Central England, England